Some of the highlights from our little trip include:
- Lots of junk food, including home made English toffee fudge from a candy shop in Tropic and homemade ice cream we made ourselves with a ball you throw around.
- The Bear Fiddling Festival in Cannonville which included fun fiddling from 80 year olds and 12 year olds, hot dogs, dutch oven potatoes, and home made root beer.
- Shopping the clearance sale at True Value Hardware in Tropic and happening upon the Jazz Bear.
- Participating in the Bryce Half with many of our good friends. I think there were at least a dozen of my closest friends who also did the race. It was so fun to see them all. Too bad they all stayed at the KOA in Cannonville and we stayed at Ruby's Inn. Maybe next year I can convince them to stay at Ruby's.
- The drive home on Sunday. We took the scenic route and made a few detours. We stopped for picnic lunch in great forest near Panguitch Lake.
- We also drove to the top of Brianhead Peak and saw the Civilian Conservation Corp hut built in the 30s up close. We always see it from a ditance when we ski at Brianhead but have never gotten to go inside. The peak also offered spectacular views in every direction all the way to Arizona and Nevada.