Monday, April 4, 2011

Crazy

So i think I finally went crazy (or just a little crazier).

i decided to commit to a few crazy athletic endeavors this summer, and it turns out they are all very close to each other. And to make it even crazier, Tom is doing them all as well. i don't exactly know how we'll train, but I am excited.

  • Utah Half. Half-iron distance triathlon. Swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles and run 13.1 miles. I've done this before and it's not as bad as it sounds. The bike and run courses are flat. The last 2 years have been super windy. I am excited because Tom is doing it. This will only be his 2nd open water tri.
  • 2009

  • LOTOJA. 2 weeks after the half, I am going to attempt to ride my bike 206 miles from Logan to Jackson Hole. In 1 Day! This means I have to climb 3 giant mountains, face lots of wind, and probably dig deeper than I ever have. Tom is "racing" it and I am just doing the "fun ride." It's the same except I get to start earlier and don't have the pressure he does to do well. I am excited because 1 friend from down here decided to join me for her birthday and I hope I can ride with Tom's brothers as well.
  • Tom at mile 80 in 2009

  • St George Marathon. 3 weeks after LOTOJA is the marathon. I am not going to stress too much about it, assuming I qualify for Boston in the time I want at SLC Marathon in a week and a half.  

I ran it in 2010 with my sister 3 month post baby.

I'm not sure what I am getting myself into, but hey I'm not doing an ultra marathon or an Ironman like many of my friends so maybe I am little more sane than I thought.

9 comments:

Lacy K. said...

sounds fun! you'll do great:)

Sharron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Day Family Blog said...

CRAZY for sure ;) Make sure you stop in before or after the race if you can! We always love seeing you guys and we can definitely feed and water you too. :)

Linda said...

You go girl! See you in a few weeks!

Jen said...

You are not crazy. You are a rock star!

Cory Reese said...

A. Mazing!

You guys are ambitious. I'm looking forward to the race reports.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I just happened upon your blog and I'm exhausted now! LOL

Colleen said...

That does sound pretty crazy. Crazy awesome! :) Hi, I just found your blog. I'm doing Utah Half too, and I've also thought about doing a century the next month and maybe Top of Utah Marathon so I think we have the same kind of crazy! Good luck with your training, I'll be following along!

m said...

honestly Jeremy and i are a little jealous of your race schedule. it is going to be awesome.
we won't be at the LOTOJA this year but we will see you Oct. in St. George.