Sunday, October 14, 2007
Tom's Creative Zen Nano Shuffle
Under duress I agreed to do this "fun" activity (see Elizabeth's post below for an explanation). What this list of songs says to me is, "Jer, help please!"
I use my Creative Zen Nano Plus (fight the system - down with the iPod) mostly to listen to music while I am running. You would never know it from these songs. Most of these I would NOT recommend running to (or driving, or operating power equipment, or anything else that requires you to be alert).
1. The Scientist by Coldplay. I got this from Elizabeth's brother. It is a fun song.
2. Ghost of a Good Thing by Dashboard Confessional. Elizabeth gave me the CD for my birthday a few years ago. This is one of the better songs on the album.
3. The Wanderer by Johnny Cash / U2. No explanation needed.
4. My Name is Jonas by Weezer. We almost named our son Jonas. We would have, too, except that this song didn't make nearly as good background music to a baby slide show as "Sweet Baby James."
5. Soma by The Smashing Pumpkins. I remember Dan listening to this at 3 AM full blast with a 12" speaker removed 3" from either side of his head in the Valentiner's basement. Or maybe that was Sunny Day?
6. Einstein on the Beach by Counting Crows. I think Jer gave this to me about eight years ago. That was the last time my music collection had a major update.
7. Hawkmoth by Paul Curreri. This from a folk music anthology called "Born into the Whisper." Elizabeth's influence rubbing off on me.
8. Losing My Religion by R.E.M. Hello 1992!
9. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps by Cake. I don't have anything to say about this song and wanted to change it for another, but Elizabeth wouldn't let me.
10. Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz. Another song from Elizabeth's brother. It's good to run to.
Thanks Lizzie! This was LOTS of fun!