Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Belated Birthday Greeting


On June 2 Eliza turned 4 (I know she looks likes she is 2). We decided this year was just going to be a family party because I spent a lot of time and effort on last year's friend party. But at the last minute I decided to invite the neighbors over for cake and ice cream. The perfect party: no planning, no gifts, and just casual fun and eating.



The snake cake was her idea and came from familyfun.com. I wanted to make the sand castle cake, but it the snake shortcake turned out cute.

She was too scared to blow out her candles, so the rest of the kids did it for her. I usually forget the candles on birthdays so she hasn't had much experience with them. We love you because you are so kind to James. You love to play princesses, house, and playmobil. You are a great help in the kitchen. You unload the dishwasher so well. You are opinionated. You are beautiful. You are Porter's best friend. You love to have dad read to you. You love salad.

Happy birthday Eliza!

1 comment:

Day Family Blog said...

I love the shortcake snakes, and I love even more that it was Eliza's idea. Can't wait to see you next weekend. If you could let me know what day would be best to do something with Amanda that would be great. I know she works Friday's until late.