Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Just wanted to say happy father's day to my three favorite dads: Tom, Stan and Elbert.
Tom and my dad got to be a little pampered by me on Sunday where we enjoyed some new recipes (recipe posts to follow. think of stuffed french toast, grilled mahi-mahi, grilled new potatoes and apricot upside down cake.)

I am very grateful for the wonderful fathers in my life.

Elbert is such a great dad to Thomas and a super fun grandpa. I think he raised the perfect man. He is such a selfless man. He always looks out for our needs. He is the best pediatrician especially when I don't want to call the real one.


Stan is such a wonderful man as well. I think he did a pretty fine job in raising me and he continues to be such a wonderful part of our lives. I look forward our sunday dinners together and the fun conversations we have regarding running or politics or even the environment. He is such a motivation to me to stay fit. He continues to run and hike every day. He still runs marathons and skis black diamonds in his 70s. I hope to be half as fit as he is when I am 70.

But the best dad in my life is of course, Tom. He is such a great father to our kids. He is so kind, so patient, so fun, such an example, and he even cleans, cooks and rarely complains. I couldn't have asked for a better dad for my kids. And it doesn't hurt that he gave them all his stunning good looks.

Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

Renee said...

I have to agree that Tom is a great man. Just wanted to drop by and thank you Liz for all your help and friendship.

La Familia Mata said...

Can't wait for forthcoming recipes!

Jenn said...

That was very nice, can't wait for the recipes!

Whitehorn Family said...

what a nice tribute.