Thursday, April 9, 2009

Roasted Cauliflower


Simple, yet divine (I really need a new descriptive word). Tom, who doesn't even like cauliflower, devoured this and even had seconds. Porter, who loves cauliflower, had thirds. My only regret, was I only made one head of the stuff. Next time, I will have to make more.

I added carrots to it because I had a few in the fridge. They added some fun color and texture.

Roasted Cauliflower
adapted from epicurious.com

1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
4 carrots, peeled and cut into two-inch pieces
2-4 T olive oil
2 t kosher salt
1 t black pepper

Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to coat. Place in single layer on rimmed cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 25-35 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Stir occasionally.

1 comment:

Linda said...

We tried this at our house, but I must have done something different than you because it didn't taste all that good to me! But my new oven sure got messy! Thanks, though, for sharing all the recipes you do. I have tried a few!