Monday, October 15, 2007

Laundry Soap


So I just discovered a new laundry detergent that I love. It all came about because my washing machine was broken again. The repair guy came out and told me I really need to be using a "HE" detergent. I have resisted because I am a cheapskate. But I decided I would give in and try it.

I was at Costco and the Kirkland "HE" was too expensive and you had to use twice as much for "HE"machines. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. So there I was standing at Costco having a huge internal battle, when a sweet old taste-tester lady quietly drew my attention to her table, tucked away in the back corner of Costco. "Try this detergent," she practically whispered. I looked it over, and saw that it was "environmentally friendly," "HE" comaptible, and cheaper than the Kirkland "HE" detergent. I was sold.

I brought it home and immediately put it to the test. I use only a tiny bit of detergent. There are 5 lines on the cap. The second line is for regular loads. I have been using between the 2nd and 3rd lines for my huge loads (proabably around 1/8 to 1/4 cup). It seems to be getting my clothes clean. I am doing my part to save the environment. And it smells phenomenal (it is scented with natural lavender oil). I have never had wonderful smelling laundry detergent before (remember I am a cheapskate) but when I open up the washer when the load is done, the smell just greets me. And it continues to converse with me while I am folding and putting the clothes away as well. And even when I wear the clothes a week later.

Wintree is only available at Costco. It costs $10.25 for 125 loads (filled to the second line).

5 comments:

jamieanne said...

Shut Up!!! I gotta check this out. Especially since it's at Costco, where my husband will pretty much buy the whole store if I let him.

Lane said...

Hi Liz,

This stuff sounds awesome. Too bad I don't know what "HE" means or own a laundry machine :) I love lavender!

I have a question for you: How did you make that awesome little slide show for Baby James, the one set to music? I want to make one and can't figure it out.

email me: Laneanderson@gmail.com

xo

Day Family Blog said...

Yeah what does HE mean? Help the environment? I wish that we had a costco here in Logan, but all we have is Sam's and I don't like it. It is smaller than a normal one, I think because it has so few choices.

Jen said...

HE means high efficiency. I wish I were a HE mother. Maybe that's what HE-man is--High Efficiency man. I wikipedia'd HE, that's how I figured it out.

Reese Gang said...

For sure I am going to give this a try. Of course, as soon as the detergent I have now runs out. I'm a cheapskate too!!