Thursday, December 20, 2007

Patty Griffin

I just discovered a new artist I am in love with: Patty Griffin. Now I am not all savvy when it comes to music, I just know what I like. She is a singer-songwriter who sings contemporary folk in a flawless voice. Emmylou Harris (another of my favorite folk artists) sings harmony on many of her albums. She has been producing music since 1996. the few songs I downloaded from emusic were from her 2002 album Impossible Dream and her newest album Children Running Through.If anyone else has heard her let me know your favorite songs so I can download them. I really like Heavenly Day, Mother of God and Florida.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'll have to check her out. I will admit that I am in love with Sarah McLachlan. And if you like blue-grass, I absolutely love Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band: Dream Big, and Banjo Boy are two favorites.

Dansie Family said...

i used to love ryan shupe back at the y. i may need to rediscover him