Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sorbet Attempt # 2


So I decided to give sorbet another try. Mangoes were cheap and my kids love them, so I decided to try a mango sorbet. I decided to add pineapple to the mix. It was delicious, but I didn't like the texture. The pineapple was too stringy. So in retrospect, I should have kept it simple. Like most things in my life, I always try to over-complicate things. Next time I will try this recipe. But I do like the pineapple addition, maybe I'll just use pineapple juice instead of the actual fruit.

Mango-Pineapple Sorbet

1 c. water
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 ripe mangoes
1 can pineapple chunks, drained reserving juice
1/4 lime juice

Boil sugar and water to make simple syrup. Cool. Blend mangoes and pineapple in food processor, in batches if necessary. Pour in large bowl. Stir in lime juice, simple syrup and 1/2 cup or more of pineapple juice. Process in ice cream maker.

No comments: