Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Little Dancer


Eliza took dance this year for the first time and loved it. She took it at a studio called Desert Dance Theater. It focused on creative and modern dance. The teacher was wonderful and wanted everything to be very professional (which can be good and bad for 4-year-olds.)


Eliza really learned to come out of her shell and express herself creatively through dance. When she first began she would barley do what the teacher asked her to, but by the end was doing great. She became more flexible and learned some great techniques of modern dance. I will definitely enroll her in dance again, I'm just not sure which studio. I either want her to be in ballet or modern, I don't love the contemporary hip-hop/jazz stuff. I don't really want my daughter dancing to "Love Story" I prefer the classical stuff.


Instead of a recital, the teacher took out all the classes a number of times to film a high quality video titled "Dance in the Environment."

I didn't buy the video, however, because it was expensive and Eliza really wasn't in it all that much. It was a very well-done film, though. I did purchase the professional still shots, though. They are fun.


I look forward to watching as she continues to progress.

7 comments:

Sharron said...

These are wonderful. I'm glad that you have this opportunity for her. for what it's worth, all dance is based on the classical ballet and getting those basics will serve the best in the long run. When we lived in Holbrook, I helped transport the older dance students to a workshop. they learned quite the lesson. The girls were nagging for something in the modern dance area. They finally learned a number that was so fun, full of energy and new moves. They were so thrilled, and then found out that it was from the "Great American Ballet"! So funny. There were no more complaints that trip!

Alison said...

I LOVE those photos. I just can't believe how big she is. I have been thinking of finding a dance class to put Zoey in because she loves to dance. I just haven't gotten that far yet. I would hope it would do the same for Zoey as it did for Eliza in bringing her out of her shell.

Anonymous said...

Really cute pictures. It looks like Eliza was really getting into it.

Mariah said...

What a cute girl she's grown into! Those are great pictures, I'm glad you shared them with us, and have them to remember such a fun time in during her childhood.

Mosley family said...

Fun, what nice pictures!!! She is very beautiful!

Cory Reese said...

Those pictures are excellent! Whoever took them did a great job.

Eliza looks so grown up!

Day Family Blog said...

She looks so cute. Sounds like her teacher took things pretty seriously. I guess that is fine as long as she was learning and having fun. Beautiful pictures!